Effective for the 2018-2019 School Year
Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Student Achievement Teacher (SAT)
CENTRAL Position - System Responsibility - Located in one of the Board Offices
- Supports the implementation of Curriculum, Assessment, and Evaluation policy and procedures
- Collaborates and co-delivers professional learning opportunities with other centrally assigned support staff
- Designs, co-ordinates and delivers teacher professional learning in schools, networks and regionally
- Collaborates with Elementary counterparts to co-plan and lead the New Teacher Induction Program (NTIP) for secondary teachers
- Supports Board and Ministry Literacy/Numeracy Initiatives, including participation in RMS work
- Reports to Superintendent of Education, Secondary Schools and Student Success
- Intermediate, Senior Qualifications
- Extensive experience with secondary programming
- Deep understanding of secondary curriculum, Ontario Schools/Student Records/Student Transcripts policy, instruction, assessment, and reporting policy, including Growing Success and Learning for All
- Proficiency using technology and strong data literacy
- Demonstrated teacher leadership, facilitation, and communications skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and demonstrated effectiveness working in teams
- Knowledge of current Literacy/Numeracy research and teaching strategies
Travel across the region required.
Applicants must include, the name of three references and authorization for the Keewatin-Patricia District School Board to contact the references, and a copy of the Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of qualification. These documents can be uploaded directly into your Apply to Education portfolio/application.
Jasmin Marion, Human Resources Officer
The Board thanks all applicants for indicating their interest in this position, however,
only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
Confidential Information provided by applicants will be used for the purposes of this competition only and
will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
This Board is an equal opportunity employer
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.